Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Interview with Celebrity Nail Artist Ajah of HerNailsRock!!



I love nails and nail art! And I had the pleasure to interview a Celebrity Nail Artist Ajahmure of HerNailsRock!  I first became hip to her on Instagram .  I kept seeing her nail designs and was immediately drawn to them, how pretty they were, the intricacy of the designs and the undeniable skill!  She is a natural talent.  She doesn't use any stencils, stamps, nothing.  She designs everything free hand so she is a true artist! Her designs are unique, super creative and unlike any other.  She is super nice and down to earth!!  Meet my girl Ahahmure!!
Ajahmure did the nails of Selita Ebanks at the 2012 BET Rip the Runway

Me: How long have you been doing nails?? Did you go to school for it? And when did you realize that nail art was your niche?

Ajahmure: I've been doing nails for about 10 years it was only for a hobby. But 3 years ago I went to school to get proper training and get my license.  Art is something that I've always done. I went to school for graphic design as well.
Nails done by Ajahm for Dawn Richard for PYNK Magazine 

Me: How do you come up with such beautiful and creative nail designs? What inspires you??

Ajah: Everything inspires me from a painting, fashion, nature, even the oil spills you see on the ground at the gas station! Lol! 

Nails by Ajahmure

Me: Do you usually practice a certain nail design or do you just create your masterpieces right on the spot?

Ajahmure: I practice my techniques everyday! Lines, circles, it all relates to how and what type of art I'm going to do. And there are so many polish techniques, something new everyday so I try to keep up with what's new and fresh.
Elle Varner with nails done by Ajahmure
Me: I know that you are a celeb nail artist. What celebs have you done nails for? How did you get that job working with those celebs?

Ajahmure:  I've done nails for Selita Ebanks, Dawn Richard formerly of Diddy Dirty Money, Rosci from 106, Pooch Hall, Tamar Braxton.....a lot.  Most of my celebrity clients I did on photo shoots and they liked my work so much that they hired me to do their nails personally.
Tamar Braxton with nails done by Ajahmure for PYNK Magazine
Me: Did you ever think that you would reach celebrity nail artist status by just doing nails? 

Ajahmure: I didn't go into doing nails with the intention of becoming a celebrity nail artist, I do nails because I truly love nail care. I love making my clients nails look great, and I love teaching my clients how to care for their nails. But being a celebrity nail artist is an added bonus!!

Necole Bitchie's Nails by Ajahmure
Me: When you are not doing nails, what do you do on your spare time?

Ajahmure: I'm thinking of new nail art! I'm always doing nails even in my spare time I'm doing nails. I have two girls and a little sister and they always want their nails done....my Mom too! There is no break lol but I don't mind not having a break.

 Me: Do you have any special events coming up? Are you working on anything special, your own nailpolish line, hosting any nail events. Etc

Ajahmure: I'll be doing Pop-up shops this summer. I've been getting a lot of requests to come to different cities so I'm going to make that happen. Details on cities and dates will be on my website http://www.hernailsrock.com/ which will launch June 1st. And I have "Rock At Home Take Home Mani's" available. They're press on nails with my nail art. The kit comes with the nails, glue, orangewood stick and file. Those will be on the website as well but they're available now people can email me about purchasing kits.
Gold Leaf nails by Ajahmure for New York Fashion Week 2012

Me: What advice would you give to an aspiring nail artist?

Ajahmure: I would tell anyone that wants to be a nail artist to never stop studying. Work hard and keep learning and training. There are always new techniques and methods so stay in top of it.

Isn't she awesome!! This is only a little but of what she has done! I absolutely admire her dedication to her craft and her humility! I know she is on her way to the Celebrity Nail Stylist Elite! Please be sure to stay in touch and follow her as her career continues to blossom and flourish!! 

Instagram: hernailsrock
Facebook: HerNailsRock

If you want to book Ajah click here and also read some great reviews from her previous clients! 

I sincerely thank Ajah for this amazing interview with so much insight and advice! Her talent is so creative and flawless.  I know she is destined for great things. So be on the lookout for her because she is on her way to the top!! Sending so much love and thanks to my girl Ajah of HerNailsRock!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment