Saturday, June 23, 2012

Interview with Celebrity Makeup Artist Crystal aka MissMUA!!

  There are so many great things I can say about Crystal. aka Miss MUA! So I'll just start by saying, this girl has skills with brushes!! She is really really good!! She's worked with Vivica Fox, Basketball Wives Evelyn Lozada and Jennifer Williams, Erica Mena who was on Love and Hip Hop, and many more!! I am so inspired by her flawless work and so gracious to her for taking the time out to do this interview! Here she gives some insight into her life as a Celebrity Makeup Artist!



Me: How long have you been doing makeup? And when did you know makeup artistry was what you wanted to do?
 
Crystal: Professionally, I've been doing makeup now going on about 4 years. As far when I knew this is what I wanted to do? I have no idea Lol sounds crazy right?! I've ALWAYS loved makeup ever since I could remember sitting and watching my mom get all fancy (Shout out to my beautiful Mommy). Lol I didn't really think it was something I could do professionally because it came so easy to me. I suppose a part of me always wanted to do it, just didn't know I could.

Evelyn Lozada from Basketball Wives
Me: What was your first gig working with a celebrity?
Crystal: My first gig with a celebrity... hmmmm.. *puts on thinking cap* I guess that would depend on who you consider a "celebrity". The first celeb I considered to be big because one of her movies was one of my all time fave's (Two Can Play That Game) would be Miss Vivica Fox. I got so much valuable information on set from her.

Vivica Fox
Me: What's the best/ hardest part of working with celebs?
Crystal: The best part is meeting them and getting to know them as a person not a "personality", the hardest part is you never know what they'll be like. Lol Lucky for me the people I have been blessed to work with have all been a pleasure!

Erica Mena from Love and Hip Hop

Me: Who is one of your favorite celebrities you have worked with?

Crystal: Awwww.... tough question! Love them all, but I must say one of the sweetest has got to be Dawn Richard of 'Dirty Money'.
    
    Dawn Richard
    Me: If you are not doing makeup, what do you like to do?

    Crystal: I like to just CHILL. I'm not to big on the whole Hollywood scene, would much rather grab a beer or wine with some of my favorite girls at a low key restaurant or hole in the wall bar. Lol I'm also huge on FAMILY!!! Family and friends everything ell's is just "extra". Don't get me wrong I love music, dancing and getting a little fancy, but at the end of the day that doesn't define who I am or what I prefer doing.

    
    Draya from Basketball Wives
    Me: What advice can you share with makeup artists trying to break into the industry?
    Crystal: Go for it!!! It's ok to be scared, but it's NEVER ok to let your fears get in the way of your dreams. Know that it won't be easy, but it is possible!!! I'm far from where I want to be, it's still a work in progress and even for me the road ahead looks a little foggy at time, but it's nothing I can't drive through! I'm still practicing my art and learning. Never stop learning or wanting to learn. Do NETWORK!!! Put your WORK out there and not to much of yourself. Twitter & Modelmayhem.com are two site's I recommend. Modelmayhem is great when starting off and setting up trade shoots. You meet a lot of models, photographers, stylist's and hair artist's that way. (You'll find yourself doing a lot of free work in the beginning and that's OK!) Twitter is great to keep your follower's updated on your shoot and behind the scene work as well as tagging those you're working with.

    Tae Heckard from The Game
    Crystal's published work on Evelyn Lozada in Juicy magazine
    Again I thank Crystal sooooo much for this amazing interview!!! She is one of the best Makeup Artist I know. Seeing her work online, magazines and television definitely inspires me to keep going forward and never stop until I reach my dreams! She has all of my support! And the fact that she is a Celebrity Makeup Artist and took the time to do this interview means the world to me!
     
    Be sure to check her out and support Crystal on Modelmayhem.com/MissMUA and follow her on twitter.com/MissMUA.
    Sending so much love, support and thanks to my Beauty of the Day, Celebrity Makeup Artist MissMUA!! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Pooja Goel is a world renowned Celebrity Makeup Artist in Delhi. She is the founder of Khoobsurat Beauty Salon. Having tremendous experience in this domain, she knows very well how to provide you attractive look.

    ReplyDelete